If you are looking for the best cellular trail camera, this is the right place for you because, in this review, we have enlisted the best cellular game cameras with their features and specifications so that you can buy the optimum one without any hesitation.
A high-quality trail camera will be your extra set of powerful eyes that will tell you everything that happens in the woods. A wireless camera is also capable of sending an image via a mobile app or webcam app. They’ll send you pictures of the special beast that you’d been trying to catch, even if you’re miles away, right to your phone. Surveying doesn’t get any more convenient than this.
As there are different varieties of game cameras with different features and price points. Therefore, buying the right equipment out of a myriad of options can be extremely complicated. So you have to be aware so that investing your money for a trail camera becomes fruitful to your purpose. Therefore, Keep on reading to get more information and buy the best one for your choice.
Table of Contents
- So here is my list of the best cellular trail cameras in 2021
- CreativeXP LTE 4G Cellular Trail Camera
- Spartan HD GoCam 4G AT&T Version
- CreativeXP 3G Cellular Trail Camera
- 4G LTE Bigfoot Hunting Cellular Trail Camera
- Moultrie Mobile XA7000i Cellular Trail Camera
- SPYPOINT LINK-EVO-V Cellular Trail Camera
- Snyper Commander 4GLTE Cellular Trail Camera
- Stealth Cam GX Cellular Series Mobile App Camera
- Covert Scouting Cameras 5472 AT&T LTE Wireless Trail Camera
- SPYPOINT Link Micro
- How to choose the best cellular trail camera?
- Best cellular trail camera FAQ
- Final Words
So here is my list of the best cellular trail cameras in 2021
CreativeXP LTE 4G Cellular Trail Camera
- While Other Game Cameras don’t feature IR night vision, are difficult to set up or you need to manually check the photos taken, the Creative Xp 4G LTE Cellular Trail Camera features Full-HD Night Vision (65 ft range) and records crystal clear 1080P Videos / 12MP Photos during the day or nighttime. The Wi-fi Cellular feature allows it to instantly send the photos & videos taken to any U.S. phone or email. Includes a free Simhero Card with 500 Free Photos & 32 GB SD Card
- We Value Your Priorities - Our wireless outdoor game cameras are water and snow proof. The animals or trespassers will not be able to see the 56 no-glow IR LEDs. The 4G LTE GlassRaven powers with 12 AA batteries and you can even hook it up to the Creative Xp Solar Panel for constant energy. If you aren’t completely happy with your 4G Hunting Cameras, please contact us and our phone & email US-based customer service will take care of you.
- Cheapest Data Plans & Easiest Setup - We are a family-owned business and we use our hunting products every day. We wanted these Cellular Wild Game Cameras to be as easy as possible to operate: 1. Receive free Simhero Card (uses AT&T cell towers) 2. Activate it & Purchase a Data Plan (1500 photos = $8) 3. Add any U.S. phone or email. 4. Wait for the deer or trespasser to turn on the motion activated PIR sensor. It’s your hunting time
- Security, Hunting, Wildlife - Don’t use it just as a wildgame hunting camera, but also for home security, wildlife or farm surveillance. The wide Dynamic Lens with a 110° PIR angle and the quick 0.35 sec trigger allow you to capture 1 to 5 photos / videos per trigger. What’s the purpose of a stealth security system if you can’t check it quickly? Now you receive real time photos & videos using this 4G security wireless game camera. Take advantage of it
- Our Mission is to Make Hunting Easy - The multiple video and photo settings and the hi-tech features allow you to adjust the 4G LTE Cellular Trail Camera to your goals. You can select the time lapse feature to receive photos every 3 minutes or use the timer to record the field action only during certain hours. It includes a free 32 GB memory card and the SD cycle helps you never run out of memory. It’s never been easier
Coming from a family-owned company that is committed to providing the ultimate satisfaction, this model will grant you the perfect visual of the hunting ground. The boring hours or even days of waiting to gain awareness of the woods will be a thing of the past if you’re equipped with this one. This equipment excels where others fail by providing the clearest photos and videos at any time of the day or even night. It boasts an outstanding IR night vision of 65 ft. the range that takes FULL-HD photos even when there isn’t enough light. You’ll be receiving crystal clear 1080p videos and 12MP photos all day long.
The well-detailed images will make sure nothing escapes your eyes again by capturing photos at 0.6 trigger speed, which is fantastic. It will send everything to any US phone and email so that you can obverse everything from a distance using the WiFi cellular feature almost instantly. This 4G hunting gear is equipped with enough protection that makes it both water and snow proof. So, the weather won’t be able to interfere with your hunting games anymore.
This trail camera is premium in quality and fantastic in performance. It will not only up your hunting game but also help you to secure your farms and houses. Boasting excellent features like Full-HD videos and photos, night vision, wonderful motion sensor, super-fast trigger-speed, you can’t go wrong with this one.
Spartan HD GoCam 4G AT&T Version
- New Feature added to the AT&T GoCam - Video Transmition. Spartan Camera is leading the way with the introduction of the Spartan GoCam GC-A4Gb powered by AT&T.
- Ready to Use Out of the Box: Simply activate the service from HCO, use the camera menus to set your desired picture parameters, and your camera is ready to use. No Contract, Pay As You Go: The Spartan GoCam uses an AT&T DataConnect Pass mobile broadband plan 1 . Activate, deactivate, or reactivate the plan at any time without getting a new SIM card.
- Security: Pictures can be transmitted with or without AES 256 encryption. For added security, use encryption to transfer your images. GoWireless: The GoCam is compatible with HCO GoWireless web and mobile portal, an ultimate camera and photo management solution.
- No Contract, Pay As You Go: The Spartan GoCam uses an AT&T DataConnect Pass mobile broadband plan 1 . Activate, deactivate, or reactivate the plan at any time without getting a new SIM card.
- Bundled with 6 of UTowels edge-less microfiber towels (Assorted Colors); 1 of Dog's heart Large bone shaped drying towel.
The Spartan HD GoCam offers everything you want in a cellular trail camera. You get outstanding durability, functionality, top-grade performance, and fantastic features all jampacked into a single unit. Featuring an astounding trigger speed that takes photos in less than a second, you’ll be getting updates of the lurking animals almost instantly. Each and every photo it takes is high in quality, crisp clear, and full of details because of its ability to go as high as 8MP.
If you prefer videos, you’ll be enjoying 720P recordings from the comfort of your home or workplace. The IR LED array goes up to 70 feet and even more to deliver vivid photos at night. Its durability comes from the use of the finest materials creating this model along with the water-resistant seal.
This hunting equipment comes ready to use from the factory. You’ll be getting 8MP photos and 720p HD videos right to your phone or email through a cellular network. It’s filled with amazing features like night vision, overwriting to clear space, and water-resistant sealing. This one’s capable of running for months on AA batteries.
Setting this model up in the woods will allow you to see every little detail, receive every information you need to be successful in your hunting. That’s because it performs impressively well in delivering excellent photos and videos without any delay. You’re guaranteed to be satisfied with the results.
CreativeXP 3G Cellular Trail Camera
- While Other Game Cameras don’t feature IR night vision, are difficult to set up or you need to manually check the photos taken, our 3G Cellular Trail Camera features full-HD Night Vision (65 ft. range) and records crystal clear 1080P Videos / 12MP Photos during the day or nighttime. The Wi-Fi Cellular feature allows it to instantly send the photos taken to any U. S. or Canada phone or email. Includes a free Simhero Card with 500 Free Photos & 32 GB SD Memory Card
- We Value Your Priorities - Our wireless outdoor game cameras are water and snow proof. The animals or trespassers will not be able to see the 56 no-glow IR LEDs. The PRO3 powers with 8 or 4 batteries and you can even hook it up to the CREATIVEXP Solar Panel for constant energy. If you aren’t completely happy with your PRO3 Hunting Cameras, please contact us and our phone & email US-based customer service will take care of you.
- Cheapest Data Plans & Easiest Setup - We are a family-owned business and we use our hunting products every day. We wanted these Cellular Wild Game Cameras to be as easy as possible to operate: 1. Receive free Simhero Card (uses AT&T or T-Mobile cell towers in the US, Rogers in Canada) 2. Activate it & Purchase a Data Plan (1500 photos = $8) 3. Add any Uhone or email. 4. Wait for the deer or trespasser to turn on the motion activated PIR sensor. It’s hunting time
- Security, Hunting, Wildlife - Don’t use it just as a wild game hunting camera, but also for home security, wildlife monitoring or farm surveillance. The wide Dynamic Lens with a 110° PIR angle and the quick 0. 4 sec trigger allow you to capture 1 to 5 photos per trigger. What’s the purpose of a stealth security system if you can’t check it quickly? Now you can see real time photos using the PRO3 security wireless game camera. take advantage of it
- Our Mission is to Make Hunting Easy -The multiple video and photo settings and the hi-tech features allow you to adjust the Cellular Trail Camera to your goals. You can select the time lapse feature to receive photos every 3 minutes or use the timer to record the field action only during certain hours. It includes a free 32 GB memory card and the SD cycle helps you never run out of memory. We offer signal boosters in case the cell signal isn't strong in your area.
We’ve got another top-notch product from Creative XP that is sure to help you monitor the wildlife live without having to be there in person. It comes with multiple settings and hi-tech features to get you the results you want. You can place it securely in the wild and leave it there for months as this model is capable of surviving for a long time on batteries. Even if the battery runs out, it will harness the sun’s energy to stay on.
Every photo this gear captures will be high-quality enough thanks to the 12MP camera. Besides, it’s also capable of recording stunning 1080p full HD videos. When the light is gone, the 56 NO-Glow IR LEDs will capture crisp, clear photos without disturbing the calmness of the night and alerting the animals. The wide 110-degree lenses combined with the super-fast 0.4-second trigger speed will make sure to capture everything that comes within the range. Every taken photo and the recorded video will be sent to your mobile within seconds.
This unit is capable of taking up to 5 photos in 0.4 seconds, which is very fast. It boasts an impressive ability to send 12MP photos and 1080p videos within seconds using the cellular network to your phone. You only cost $8 for 1500 photos. When the night falls, the 56 IR LEDs jump into action to provide night vision.
Being one of the finest cellular cameras in the market today, this hunting equipment offers superior performance to facilitate surveillance of the game. It’s filled with modern features that provide a lot of conveniences.
4G LTE Bigfoot Hunting Cellular Trail Camera
- Easy Setup and affordable data plans: With our cameras you can easily have your camera setup and ready to go within 15 minutes of opening the box. If you have any troubles with your setup our friendly support team is here to help you, or you can check out one of our Youtube setup videos. Our cameras come with a preinstalled SimHero data card, loaded with 30 days of data / 350 pictures. Register your sim card with SimHero then choose from different affordable data plans
- How It Works: The Camera automatically connects to the At&t network and will send email pictures to any cellular provider. It connects to At&t using our SimHero data card that is pre-installed in the camera. When you get the camera, simply put in your email &/or your phone number and start getting emails &/or text messages to your computer or phone. Note: If using your cell phone number it requires a different suffix at the end of the cell number depending on who your cellular provider is
- Accessories Included: Pre-installed Sim Card, 16 GB SD Card, USB Cable, 2- 4g Antennas, USB Cable, mounting strap, Bigfoot Sticker, User Manuel and quick start guide, free remote control app is available at apple store and google play
- Specifications: Image sensor: 5 Mega Pixels, Day time color picture options: 5mp/8mp/12mp, trigger speed: 0.35-0.4s, 57 pcs IR LEDs night vision 65 feet / 20 meters, Regular lens F=3.0 FOV:52, Waterproof: IP66, Operation Temperature -17 to 140 Fahrenheit , Daily report function, IR LEDs 940nm: dark blue / invisible flash
- Remote Access: Controlling Bigfoot 4g cameras have never been so easy, use the free Bigfoot Camera App to change setting in the camera at anytime, or request a picture anytime.
If you’re looking for a trail camera that isn’t way too expensive but still manages to take wonderful photos and videos, then you’ve come across the right product. Even though it’s an affordable option, you can’t take it lightly because of the excellent features and performance. This model comes ready to use and loaded with a SimHero card that offers 30 days of free data and a 16GB storage card. So, you can start using it right away. Let’s dive into the details now.
You can get up to 12MP photos out of this device that is clear as the blue lake water. No more sloppy images that fail to provide the right kind of details that you want. The 50 pcs IR LEDs make sure the nighttime photos are visible enough. You can’t stay up 24 hours, but your camera surely can so leave the surveillance up to it. The 0.35-0.4s trigger speed ensures super-fast photo capturing. Using the cellular network, they’ll be sent directly to your phone in no time. You’ll have remote access provided by the brand’s very own app. Besides, it’s durable enough to tolerate the harshness of winter, rainy, and summer seasons.
The reason we’ve added this into our list is because of its ability to provide almost unmatched performance at an affordable price. So, without breaking your bank, you can get your hands on a top-class trail camera that will make surveillance a piece of cake.
Moultrie Mobile XA7000i Cellular Trail Camera
- Instantly receive game-camera images to your smartphone, tablet and computer
- Camera operates on AT&T 4G Network
- 20 MP images
- Invisible flash
- Access your images anytime/anywhere on free Moultrie Mobile app or website
This incredibly powerful trail camera will meet your surveying demands and more with ease. It offers a perfect blending of quality and reliability using revolutionary technology. Running on the 4G network of AT&T, this model sends everything to your smartphone within a short time. The ability to take 20MP photos ensures exemplary photos every time. Thanks to the wide flash range of 80-feet, the camera will cover a lot of ground for you.
The AA batteries that this unit comes with will keep it running for over three months. So, you can have a piece of mind knowing that the device is doing its job even when you can’t check up on it for a couple of days or maybe even weeks. Thanks to the sophisticated app, controlling the entire system remotely becomes a breezy task.
This is a powerful camera with up to 20MP picture resolution and an ability to record videos at 1080p. It offers incredibly fast photo capturing at a trigger speed of 0.3 seconds. The ILLUMINA NIGHT 2 sensor provides remarkably clear photos at night.
You’ll be getting industry-level coverage and surveillance from this outstanding device. It’s a great camera for observing the game and increasing your awareness simply because this one can take photos and videos that are clear as crystal. Besides, the product is fast and long-lasting, so it’d be a great investment for sure.
SPYPOINT LINK-EVO-V Cellular Trail Camera
- The SPYPOINT LINK-EVO-V cellular trail camera is activated & configured via SPYPOINT LINK APP with Buck Tracker (an AI solution). Features: Preactivated sim card, 2" view screen, HD video, IR LEDs, fast trigger speed
- SPYPOINT, A PREMIUM BRAND offers "Know you're covered" 2-year warranty, and invests to improve the hunting experience through high-end products/services. LINK-EVO is tested/known as a great value cellular cam&transmits pictures to the Spypoint app.
- QUALITY PHOTO&VIDEO: 12MP, 42 high power LEDs, 90' flash range, 0.3s trigger, 2 multi-shots, IR boost tech, HD video, 80' detection distance, 8AA battery (not included), up to 32GB SD memory card (not included)
- ADVANCED TECHNOLOGY: 4G/LTE cellular connectivity, SPYPOINT LINK APP with Buck Tracker (an AI solution), 42 high power/low glow LEDs for greater night image, Infrared Boost maximizes lighting, curved motion sensor lens improve the detection angle&distance
- IN THE BOX: Camera, USB-12V Cable, Mounting Bracket, Quick Start Guide, SIM Card, Strap
You can safely rely on the next product on our list to help you be more successful in your hunting. The Spypoint Link-EVO-V will intensively track the activities of the animals and tell you all about it in the form of high-quality images. Once you set this one up on your favorite spot, it will sit there gently and sneakily take 12MP high-quality photos and HD videos of the wild animals that you can view in 2″ view screen or get on your mobile phone. Don’t worry, they won’t mind until you move onto the actual hunting part.
When the daylight goes away, it utilizes its powerful LEDs with IR boost tech to take super clear photos, even in the dark. This unit offers a fast trigger of 0.3 seconds and sends every detail to your smartphone within a little time.
The LINK-EVO-V comes equipped with a 12MP camera and HD video capturing capability. With 80 ft. detection range and 90 ft. flash range, nothing will escape its line of sight. For nighttime photo capturing, this model is armed with 42 low glow LEDs and infrared boost tech. It also comes with a 2-year manufacturer warranty.
This trail camera speaks for itself through its impressive design and performance backed by incredible features. It’s comparatively cheaper than others but boasts the qualities of expensive products. You can depend on this gear to help you out in scouring the game area.
Snyper Commander 4GLTE Cellular Trail Camera
- TRACK CAMERA WITH GPS. New in APP GPS locator allows the user to see trail camera location on the interactive screen map. If the camera is stolen, simply open up the app and find out where the camera is.
- GET PHOTOS WITH FREE SNYPER APP: Snyper Wireless Trail Camera is a 4GLTE network hunting camera that sends pictures to ANY network phone via the Free Snyper APP. New APP Smart Alert System only alerts you to the animals pics you want to see and filters out the rest!
- EASY AFFORDABLE MONTHLY PLANS: Activate included Sim Card on the Sim Hero website. Does not connect to Wifi - only cell networks. This cell trail camera activates on the AT&T or Sim Hero Multi Network Sim Card.
- NOW WITH SIMPLE SET UP: Watch the simple Youtube Commander 4GLTE Set up Video. Snyper has simplified the set up process to have you receiving photos in less than 24hrs. Requires SD Card (not more than 32 GB - not included) for use and can be used as wireless trail camera or regular non cellular trail camera.
- BUY 4G! 3G WILL BE SHUT OFF SOON - NO FLASH: 12 MP Photos & 56 Blacked Out LEDs with 0.4 Second Trigger Speed can take up to 5 multi-shot images or HD video. Captures quality nighttime images . Easily programmable Time Lapse modes capture great photos and give you easy hunting trail cameras scouting options.
The Snyper Commander comes integrated with the most advanced features of our time. It offers just about enough power and durability to be extremely reliable to any hunter. Setting this model up is completely free of complications. In less than 24 hours, your device will be ready to transmit 12MP photos to your phone. So, you’ll be able to notice every little detail in them. Besides, it can record videos at a stunningly clear 1080p resolution.
The 56 blacked out LEDs will brighten up the nighttime photos to make them clear enough for you to see. With the 0.4s trigger speed, this can take up to 5 photos at once. By utilizing the 4G network, there will be little to no delay in transmitting the data to your phone. It gets really innovative with the smart mobile app. The camera comes with a GPS so you can track its location using the app. Besides, the photos and videos will be available in there along with other details.
This model is very simple to set up and use. The 12MP camera with 1080p video capture makes it an excellent choice. Its ability to take 5 multi-shot is pretty amazing. The unique mobile app is definitely a praiseworthy feature as it offers multitudes of conveniences like tracking the camera, receiving photos, and alerts.
The Snyper Commander graces our list simply because it’s an amazing trail camera that flawlessly captures outstanding photos in their best quality. Then, without any trouble and delay, it sends them to your mobile phone.
Stealth Cam GX Cellular Series Mobile App Camera
The Stealth Cam GX can be the ideal choice for professional hunters. It will keep track of the game without fail. You’ll get incredibly clear 22MP photos out of this model. Once hooked up to AT&T or Horizon’s 4G network, it will make sure to send photos of the wildlife and keep you posted.
This gear is extremely fast in capturing thanks to the reflex trigger of 0.5 seconds. The 42 no glow IR flash will go up to 100 ft. and capture surprisingly clear photos in the dark. Using the functional mobile app, you’ll have complete control in your hand. So, from a distance, you’ll get to check on the camera, change the settings, and of course, receive photos.
This hunting component is well-equipped to take photos with an incredible resolution of 22 megapixels. Running on AT&T and Horizon’s 4G network, it offers superfast data transmission. It outshines many products at taking clear photos in the dark. Controlling it is super easy aided by the amazing mobile app.
What makes this unit a popular choice is its affordable price and the astounding 22MP image resolution. It’s powerful yet sneaky enough to keep the animals calm. Capturing fast-moving things is no trouble for this one. Being rugged in build quality, extreme weather won’t be able to put any mark on it.
Covert Scouting Cameras 5472 AT&T LTE Wireless Trail Camera
- 12 Magapixels still images; 1280x720 Video
- Built-in infrared flash with 60 invisible LEDs and a 100ft range
- Time lapse mode for long-term observation
- Remotely view and receive images and manage camera via AT&T cellular data plan
- Records photos and videos to user-supplied SD memory cards up to 32GB
Eliminate the inconvenience of manually checking your camera and fumbling with the memory card to extract photos with this phenomenal product. This one will transfer every photo and video it captures to your mobile device using AT&T’s cellular network. This scouting gear will provide accurate updates about the events of the game and the movements of the wildlife by showing wonderfully detailed photos. It will quietly capture the activities in super clear 12MP photos or 1080p videos.
During the night when everything turns dark, this model will still maintain its streak of taking crisp, clear photos using 60-LED with invisible infrared flash. The trigger speed of 0.7 seconds can make sure to capture the fastest animal in the woods. You will find all the photos and videos organized in the web portal and the mobile app.
This is a stealthy trail camera that comes equipped with the ability to send photos through the cellular network to your phone. It does that exceptionally well, so you can completely depend on it to help you out in surveying the ground. There is no reason to be discontent with this spectacular piece of technology.
SPYPOINT Link Micro
The last product that we believe to be capable of facilitating your hunting game is the Spypoint Link Micro. You’ll be drawn to this model as soon as you notice its biggest feature—the incredibly small size. Besides the size, other fascinating features set this one apart like the AI image recognition that makes it give an extra effort to track specific animals. You will definitely be impressed by the 10MP images captured by this gear. They will be ultra-clear even when you zoom them.
The camera takes vividly colored photos in the day and utilizes LEDs with infrared tech to take detailed photos at night. Thanks to the 0.5s trigger speed with multiple shooting modes, nothing will be able to pass its field of view unnoticed. It easily connects to the major 4G cellular networks and offers superfast data transmission to your phone.
This device is powered by AA batteries and utilizes 4G cellular networks to transmit data. It takes perfect 12M photos that are clear enough to single out every detail. You’ll find this unit to be fast enough to capture everything. All in all, this is a great camera on a budget.
The compact size isn’t just for the show. It makes it easier to carry and set up securely. This thing can last for a long time in the wild all by itself under heavy rains, snows, or even the heating sunshine without complaining. You won’t find any issues with the picture quality and performance, so it’s undoubtedly an ideal product.
How to choose the best cellular trail camera?
Buying the perfect cellular trail camera will require extensive research and knowledge regarding what makes it so great. There are various features, aspects, and qualities that you’ll have to consider. Otherwise, you won’t be content with what you get. So, here are a few criteria that you’d be wise to think about before buying.
Resolution refers to the size of your image, and it is measured by megapixels or MP. A megapixel simply means one million pixels. It tells you how many pixels can fit into a single image. For example, a camera with a 10MP resolution can generate images with about 10 million pixels. So, the higher the MP, the better the resolution will be. Cameras with high MP produces images that are detailed, crisp, and high in quality. They won’t get pixelated or lose the quality even when you zoom them.
You obviously require pictures that are crisp clear and well-detailed since you’ll be making your hunting decisions based on them. The thing is, you don’t want to get too much MP either because they’ll be larger in size, and your camera will have a harder time processing them. For average hunters, 10MP is more than enough. You’ll have to pay a bit more to get the extra megapixels. So, before buying, find out the resolution of the camera and buy one that comes with a decent resolution.
Video Taking Capability
If you’d prefer to have short videos sent to your phone, you should opt for the ones that offer video capturing. But know that they are usually more expensive. It’s important that the videos are high in quality. Otherwise, you won’t be able to see anything clear enough. So, our camera should at least capture videos in 720p or more.
While you’re considering video taking capability, you should also spare some thoughts on the video capturing programs that come with the camera. These programs bring in extra features like the trigger on motion, time scheduled video captures, slow-motion, etc. They can be extremely convenient as well and make video capturing easier. So, you should check everything out before making the final purchase.
Most cameras take decent photos under daylight, but it’s the nighttime when many of them fail to produce good images. Flash is one way to go, but they have a way of startling the animals and ruining your hunting game altogether. Since flashes aren’t good options, how else can cellular trail cameras offer the sight in the dark? Enter infrared technology. It will allow your kit to take clear enough photos even when nothing is visible to the human eyes without causing much intrusion.
So, if you want high-quality night-photos, make sure that the camera you’re planning to buy has infrared technology in it. Some of them remain completely invisible and still manage to take excellent photos in the dark. So, you can sleep peacefully and check out the state of the game when you wake up the next day.
Flash range refers to how far the camera’s flash can go or how much of the area it can cover. This is especially important for capturing high-quality nighttime photos. The flash illuminates the area and makes it bright enough to see, but it can only handle whatever falls within its range. The rest will remain dark.
That’s why you should always opt for a gear that comes with a decent flash range. Some offer up to 100 ft., but on average, anything with at least 60 ft. range will be more than enough for you.
You can set up your trail cameras in the most strategic places, but you won’t be there to take the photos. It has to be automated. Otherwise, the whole purpose is defeated. Automated photo capturing is achieved by the inclusion of motion sensors in this tool. What a motion sensor does is that it detects whenever there is a movement in its field of view or the covered area. As soon as any form of movement is noticed, it quickly tells your camera to take a picture. The entire thing is automated and does not require any human interference.
So, if any animal enters or passes through your chosen area, the motion sensor will know right away. Your camera will act fast after getting the green signal from the sensor, take the photo and send it to your phone almost immediately. However, if the sensor isn’t high-quality, most of the animals will cross over undetected, and you won’t even know. You obviously don’t want that to happen. So, make sure the trail camera is equipped with a decent motion sensor when you’re buying.
Trigger speed is another important aspect of a cellular trail camera. It refers to the time the camera takes to capture a photo after detecting motion. If there is a massive delay, you won’t get the correct information that you require. Fast running animals might even get away without having their pictures taken, and you’d be left with an image of the forest.
So, naturally, you want the trigger speed to be as fast as possible. Fortunately for you, many cameras offer lightning-fast trigger speed. Take a look at our reviews again if you’ve missed them. If you’ve got one of them, rest assured as no animal will be able to escape your eyes. When you enter the market, make sure to choose a product with at least 0.6 seconds of trigger speed or higher if you want the best photos. Sure, white-tailed deer runs like the wind, but even they won’t be able to skip picture day.
Surely, the environment of the woods isn’t like the inside of your home, cozy and comfortable. Instead, it’s filled with the extremities of the weather and other elements. Any technological component will be susceptible to countless damages if they are out there for too long. There will be rain, snow, and even ice, and we don’t have to tell you how harmful moisture can be for electric devices. This is troublesome because you’d need a cellular game camera to be out there in the open for hours or even days to help you survey the area.
So, you must look for the most durable tool in the market that is either weather-proof, waterproof or perhaps both. It should be made with the toughest materials. Make sure that it’s sealed up well enough to prevent moisture from entering the camera to wear it out from the inside like some ghastly parasite. Besides being able to withstand the terrors of the weather, the body should be sturdy enough to tolerate hard falls or pressure. It should be dent-proof and hard to puncture.
If you manage to get a durable one, you’d be safe to use it for years. Maybe, it will serve you long enough to become one of your lucky charms that you can’t just let go. We’d be glad to see that happen for sure.
When you’re hunting in the forest, you get very close to nature because it’s usually devoid of all the tediousness of the modern world. However, it also lacks electricity or any other constant source of power. But cellular trail cameras cannot run without electricity. That’s why most of them are powered by batteries since they’re very convenient.
So, before buying, take a look at the type of batteries it uses and how much power it drains. The device must be capable of surviving for a long time. Typically, AA batteries are good enough for them. Rechargeable ones are great options, too, as they usually last longer. But if your tool cannot run with enough energy efficiency, you’d have to frequently visit the wood to change the batteries. This can be a nuisance and disrupt the environment. Rechargeable batteries are great options, too, as they usually last longer.
Besides battery power, the camera that you’re considering to buy should be equipped with a solar power plate. This will allow your gadget to harness the power of the sun to run for months. However, you can’t depend on it entirely because the sun isn’t always available.
Cellular trail cameras are often very expensive, and you cannot afford to lose them. Those sneaky thieves won’t let them get out of their hands if they ever come across. Since you won’t be close enough to protect it, they’ll find it super easy to steal these tools. That’s why the device you’re thinking of buying should come with tight security systems so that you can leave it out in the open without worrying about losing the camera. Security systems like anchors or cable locks can be used to securely place it on a tree or other spots. This will prevent people from simply picking up and leaving with it. Using padlocks to hang the gadget securely is another great way of protecting your expensive asset.
Another excellent way of protecting your gear is having a password-protected system. This will prevent people from using it without your permission. So, even if someone steals your camera, they won’t be able to break this modern security system, so it’ll be completely useless to them. Security is definitely a major aspect that you’d have to consider. Even if it costs a little more money, opting for one with a powerful security system would be a wise choice and a good investment.
Since cellular trail cameras aren’t cheap and you have to pay a considerable amount of money to own them, you want them to be long-lasting. However, it’s an electric device; anything can go wrong. You’d have to spend extra to have them fixed should any damage occurs unless it gets ruined for good, and you’d have to buy an entirely new one. Thus, you’d always be worried about when something bad might happen. Warranties can offer you peace of mind because you know that the manufacturer will take care of your product and fix them for you without any money. They might even give you a new one. So, you won’t have to worry anymore.
Another advantage of warranties is that it tells you how much confidence the manufacturers are about their products. Usually, the device’s longer warranty period dictates that they are made with the finest components and likely to last long. So, you should opt for the ones that come with a decent warranty. You should make sure that all the major components of the camera fall under the warranty policy. This way, whenever there is a problem, you can ask the manufacturer to fix it for you for free.
Best cellular trail camera FAQ
What is a cellular trail camera?
Cellular trail cameras are special cameras that are designed to help out in surveying the hunting area and the animals. The camera takes pictures of the animals automatically as soon as it detects their movement or senses body heat. It then sends them to your phone via cellular signals. So, you can be aware of everything, even if you’re far away from the location.
How do cellular trail cameras work?
They use 3G, 4G, 5G, or similar cellular networks to transmit photos to your phone in the form of digital data. And they are usually restricted to a specific provider of cellular service. The data sending process is very similar to sending photos from one device to another. It uses motion detectors to sense the movement of the animals and triggers the camera to capture photos. Afterwards, it sends those photos as digital data, and your phone processes it into a recognizable image that you can understand.
Which trail cameras send pictures to your phone?
The average trail cameras aren’t equipped to send pictures to your phone. They just take photos and stand their ground. But if you want the convenience of having the pictures sent directly to your phone, you’d have to opt for cellular trail cameras or wireless trail cameras. There are various trail cameras of both types on the market.
What is the difference between Cellular and Wireless Trail Camera?
Many people make the mistake of placing cellular trail cameras and Wireless trail cameras into the same category. Well, they are actually very different from each other. Cellular trail cameras, as the name suggests, transmit data exclusively using the cellular system. They notify you about the ground’s condition using text messages and send you photos. The best thing about them is that there is no distance limitation. You can be anywhere in the world and still receive data.
However, they are also pretty expensive to maintain as you’d have to buy cellular data plans for them to work. WiFi trail cameras, on the other hand, utilize WiFi network or radio frequency to transmit data. They are much cheaper, but the distance is limited to the range of the WiFi network.
How do I view my trail camera pictures on my phone?
It’s extremely easy to view the trail camera pictures on your phone. Every time a new photo is sent, you’d receive a notification, urging you to check your phone. You can open the trail camera app and view or download your photos from there. If you’ve configured it to be saved in cloud storage, you can log into your cloud storage and download the newly arrived photos right away. It’s easy and free of complications.
If you’ve read through the entire review and buying guide, you should now be able to make your own choice even in the face of too many options. All you have to do is be a little more careful because buying a trashy one can make you suffer in the long run. What’s the point of getting a trail camera if it can’t do anything?
We suggest you consider every feature and aspect that we’ve talked about in order to make the best choice. To make everything easier for you, we’ve presented a list that is filled with the top cellular trail cameras on the market. They are all pretty amazing on their own. You’ll find every detail you need, including the pros and cons. It’s designed to help you choose the best cellular trail camera on the market.
If you’re still on the fence and having a hard time deciding, take a look at the “CreativeXP LTE 4G Cellular Trail Camera”. This one comes with everything you need while being exceptionally durable. High-quality photos, full HD videos, night vision, fast photo capturing it’s got all of it and more.